Who is this program for?
Anyone and everyone!! This program is great for all ages and fitness levels! For men and women! You don't have to learn complicated dance steps or buy expensive equipment! It's easy! You can't do this walk wrong!! Do it at your own pace!!
What IS this program?
Leslie Sansone's Walk Live program is the natural progression from her many best selling DVDs. Her unique mile system uses the music's pace to keep walkers on track to walk the equivalent of 1, 2, or even 3 miles! But it's more than just a stroll around the block! We work every major muscle group including muscles you don't use walking the track. We even include strength training with a simple to use Firm Band!
Where is the program?
Crossroads UMC Family Activities Building
What is the cost of the program?
The cost is only your willingness to attend! Crossroads UMC is pleased to present this program as a service to our community!
5 Reasons to Walk Our Way
1. It's the ultimate health boost! A total body workout that engages and conditions all major muscle groups as well as strengthening your bones!!
2. It will improve your sense of well being! Walking can reduce your stress, elevate your mood, and improve your sleep!
3. Walking is heart smart! It can reduce your resting heart rate, reduce your blood pressure, and even decrease your total cholesterol levels.
4. Watching your waist line? Walking our way is a great way to burn calories and condition muscles! And conditioned muscle burns more calories!
5. We are called on to take care of our bodies - God's temple. Walking is a wonderful way to connect the physical with the spiritual and also connect with other believers!
Who leads the class?
Mauri Thompson - Certified Walk Live Leader
We offer both morning and evening opportunities to do something good for your body and your soul. Whether you're a beginner or more advanced, you'll love working out with us. Choose your day and time:
2 Mile Walks - 30 minutes
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays - 8:45am
Tuesday & Thursdays - 8:45am (Strength Training)
For more information, contact Mauri Thompson.